Posts

Forum: List Posts

ACTS 16:7

  • Kotyza
    3 posts

    is in ACTS 16:7 in original texts written Spirit of Jesus, or just pneuma? And do you have roots to Hebrew origins of New Testament - Besorah, or what is the meaning of using RUACH at this place ?

  • CycloManiac
    35 posts

    The original texts say "pneuma" which is "Spirit". We have the word "RUACH" which means "breath", "spirit", or "wind". RUACH in all caps refers to the RUACH HAQODESH or the Holy Spirit. Besorah is Gospel. Brit Chadasha is Renewed Covenant. We do not use the term New Testament in the text.

    Shalom.

  • Kotyza
    3 posts

    Thank you so much for explanation, that helped a lot. So this is refers to topic which I am dealing now also: Renewed Covenant.. I know that is written that clean and unclean, purification was only till time of YAHUSHA, and temple is now different also.. not of this world but build upon rock of believe in YAHUSHA.. His Body, but rest of old commandments are still valid today right? I know that YAHUSHA himself commanded 1050 or so commandments, that is far more demanding than 613 in TaNaKh ... Our hearts must be renewed, circumcised and Law written into them and also must be at YAHUAH ... what it all means? What was the original meaning behind that, have you tracked that also?

  • Tikvah
    1 posts

    Kotyza said:

    Thank you so much for explanation, that helped a lot. So this is refers to topic which I am dealing now also: Renewed Covenant.. I know that is written that clean and unclean, purification was only till time of YAHUSHA, and temple is now different also.. not of this world but build upon rock of believe in YAHUSHA.. His Body, but rest of old commandments are still valid today right? I know that YAHUSHA himself commanded 1050 or so commandments, that is far more demanding than 613 in TaNaKh ... Our hearts must be renewed, circumcised and Law written into them and also must be at YAHUAH ... what it all means? What was the original meaning behind that, have you tracked that also?

    I would like to say that what YHVH declared clean and unclean in the beginning doesn't change. All of YHVH's Word is relevant today, nothing has changed, nothing has been done away with. Yahusha didn't add to or take anything away from the TaNaK. He gave it full meaning.

  • CycloManiac
    35 posts

    I agree. We need to look at YAHUAH'S word in context and to rightly divide his Word as the RUACH HA'QODESH instructs us and guides us.

  • Randolphjhw
    2 posts

    eth CEPHER, certainly illimunes our minds and makes sense, it cetainly gives such pleasure and joy to continue reading soaking one's self in. So was the Renewed Covenant originally written in Hebrew or Greek? Because Pa'al says in MA'ASIYM 26:14, that he heard a voice speaking to him in the "Ivriyt" tongue? I would like to know about this.

  • Randolphjhw
    2 posts

    Randolphjhw said:

    eth CEPHER, certainly illimunes our minds and makes sense, it cetainly gives such pleasure and joy to continue reading soaking one's self in. So was the Renewed Covenant originally written in Hebrew or Greek? Because Pa'al says in MA'ASIYM 26:14, that he heard a voice speaking to him in the "Ivriyt" tongue? I would like to know about this.

    CycloManiac said:

    I agree. We need to look at YAHUAH'S word in context and to rightly divide his Word as the RUACH HA'QODESH instructs us and guides us.

  • Dzignr
    2 posts

    Here is the Strong's interpretation:

    1. p?e?µa pneuma, pnyoo?-mah; from 4154; a current of air, i.e. breath (blast) or a breeze; by ****. or fig. a spirit, i.e. (human) the rational soul, (by impl.) vital principle, mental disposition, etc., or (superhuman) an angel, d?mon, or (divine) God, Christ’s spirit, the Holy Spirit:—ghost, life, spirit (-ual, -ually), mind. Comp. 5590.

    Strong, J. (2009). A Concise Dictionary of the Words in the Greek Testament and The Hebrew Bible (Vol. 1, p. 58). Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software.

    Kotyza said:

    is in ACTS 16:7 in original texts written Spirit of Jesus, or just pneuma? And do you have roots to Hebrew origins of New Testament - Besorah, or what is the meaning of using RUACH at this place ?

  • CycloManiac
    35 posts

    Acts 16:7 in the Greek Stephanus Textus Receptus which is in agreement with the majority of Greek texts and is of the Byzantine text type has "pneuma" in the text.

    The Peshitta Aramaic text reads RUACH YAHUSHA. We will do further research on this.